DEDICATED TO BELOVED FANS OF THALA AJITH KUMAR

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ajith Gifted Me A Badminton Court – Shalini



PIC :SHALINI AJITH
(COURTESY STARAJITH)

Shalini Ajith is one focussed star wife. Despite handling the euphoria surrounding her husband Ajith and juggling home duty, she is also a badminton pro.
In recent mixed and women’s doubles, with partners Prakash and Priya, she aced the tournament. Currently she is gearing up for the State level championship to be held in Nagercoil this weekend. “I consider this my biggest achievement ever.
I have been practicing badminton for two years. There are kids who have been in to the game for many years. It was actually a challenge to play with them and reach the finals. I am happy that I got in to the top level rankings.
I am excited to play the championship match in Nagercoil this weekend.” 
“My husband inspired me to play in the tournaments. Earlier I used to just play for the clubs. He insisted I play mainstream badminton. Though I was a little hesitant to play in bigger tournaments he stood by me. 
He told me that anything could be achieved with perseverance. Any woman needs her husband’s support to pursue her passion after marriage.
In my case my husband is my pillar of strength. Only because of his encouragement, I was able to excel in the game.
” She further adds, “Ajith has set up a badminton court at home for me to practice regularly. It was a cute gift from him.
As I was not able to shuttle between family and practice, he helped me with this set-up at home. We have turned our outdoor garden into a badminton court. It is easy for me to practice while watching over family.”
On her daughter Anoushka, she says, “She accompanies me to all the matches. She is so excited about me winning matches.
If I lose she is equally sad. She is my source of strength during the matches. My dad takes care of her during the matches. She has collected most of my prizes on stage.
She loves to do it. I am lucky to have my entire family by my side. I am really looking forward for an interesting match in the State level championship this weekend.”
Published in Deccan Chronicle daily English newspaper dated Aug 22, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment